Tomorrow (Monday) I'm going to make hamburgers and fries for dinner, and I have invited Miguel and Greg to come. I'm going to make some gorgeous gourmet burgers I saw made on the Food Network. I can't wait to try the recipes. I hope everyone enjoys the food. It's still going to be warm enough to cook outdoors tomorrow, we'll have to eat indoors though.
Here's the recipe -
* 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
* 1 small shallot, finely chopped
* 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
* 1 teaspoon Neely's Dry Rub seasoning
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 2 teaspoons salt
* Freshly ground black pepper
* 6 brioche buns
* 6 slices pepper jack cheese
* 12 slices smoked apple wood bacon, fried crisp
* 1/2 cup Neely's "Secret Sauce", recipe follows
* 1 pint cole slaw (recommended: Neely's Cole Slaw)
* 2 beef steak tomatoes, sliced
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
In a large mixing bowl, break up the meat with your hands. Add the chopped shallot, garlic, Neely's Dry Rub, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly incorporated. Using your hands, divide the meat into 6 equal balls. Flatten them into patties and use your thumb to create an indent in the center of each burger. Cook's Note: This indent will help the burgers from puffing up while you grill them.
Grill the burgers, uncovered, for 3 minutes on the first side. Flip and continue cooking for another 3 minutes for medium-rare, and 4 minutes for medium. Remove from grill and immediately top with the cheese.
Butter the buns and place on the grill. Toast for about 1 minute and remove from grill.
Build your burgers by topping with the bacon, Secret Sauce, coleslaw, and tomatoes. Add onion rings if desired.
I hope you'll try the recipe for your family, because this recipe has a five star rating.
- ► 2013 (11)
- ► 2012 (53)
- ▼ September (4)